Who we are
Our website address is: www.trailerpay.com.au.
Privacy (Including Consents)
1.1 The clauses below set out:
- Consents that you gives us in relation to your personal information by applying for credit with a number of credit providers trailer pay uses; and
- Important information about our collection, use, disclosure and management of your personal information.
- 1.3 We ordinarily collect personal information about you for the following purposes, and, to the extent not already authorised by law, you agree to us using and disclosing that information for these purposes:
- Assessing and processing existing or future application(s) for consumer credit, managing your account or other products, responding to your questions, performing our obligations in relation to credit provided to you;
- Either us, the Merchant or any other service provider appointed by us contacting you about your Contract or regarding repeat purchase promotions, campaigns or for any other special offer/s or promotions;
- Protecting us and our assets (including against fraud) and selling our assets (including by assigning any debts); and
- Complying with laws. Australian laws that may require us to collect your personal information include: Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) (for example, for identity verification), the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth), the Financial Sector (Collection of Data) Act 2001 (Cth) and the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), as well as other legislation (for example, requiring us to maintain client and transaction records, and to make reports and provide other information to regulators such as ASIC) and the Taxation Administration Act, the Income Tax Assessment Act and other taxation laws (for example, to comply with information requests issued by the Commissioner of Taxation).
- 1.4 We may collect your personal information from third parties where it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect it directly from you. These third parties include the Merchant, other credit providers, any of your employers, former employers, referees, banks, landlords, accountants, lawyers and financial advisers, service providers to us (including introducers, private investigators, professional advisers), professional organisations, internet sources, public and subscriber only databases and government authorities.
- 1.5 If you do not provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to approve your application and/or we may not be able to deal with future requests or queries from you in connection with your contract.
- 1.6 You agree that we can disclose your personal information (including, where permitted to do so under the Privacy Act, your credit information and credit eligibility information) for the purposes described above to any of our related bodies corporate, our assignees or potential assignees, Merchants, dealers, brokers, our service providers, other credit providers, your assignees or proposed assignees, debt collection agencies, our banks and financial advisers, our lawyers, accountants and other professional advisers, any suppliers or contractors to us who may need to have access to your personal information for the purpose of providing services to us or you, any person specifically authorised by you in writing and any person as permitted or required by law.
- We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients
- 1.8 You acknowledge that by consenting to us disclosing your personal information to overseas recipients, Australian Privacy Principle (“APP”) 8.1 will not apply to the disclosure (which means that we will not be obliged under the Privacy Act to take reasonable steps to ensure that an overseas recipient does not breach the APPs and we may not be liable under the Privacy Act if the recipient does not act consistently with the APPs). By applying for this product you consent to such disclosures.
- Marketing products and services to you
- You agree to us using and disclosing your personal information (including your telephone number, regardless of whether it is listed on the Do Not Call Register and your email or other electronic addresses) to provide you with information about our other products and services and the products and services offered by our Merchant partners, our related companies or suppliers. This includes, without limitation, communicating with you via emails, text messages or other electronic messages (without an unsubscribe facility). This agreement operates indefinitely. However, you can tell us that you no longer wish us to use or disclose your personal information for these purposes by contacting us on 1300 998 250.
- Accessing and correcting your personal information
- Social Media, Contact Forms and other information
- 2.1 any shared photos, inflammation, posts, details, uploaded images may be used by trailer pay at anytime
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements